Volumetric Mixer Truck Calibration
Volumetric concrete mixers are a state of the art truck that carries all the separate raw materials required to batch, mix and discharge concrete. The benefit to using a Volumetric concrete mixer is on-site mixing and the ability to alter the mix on the fly as and when required. Accidentally ordering a wrong concrete mix is no longer a problem. The Volumetric truck is being increasingly utilised in the construction industry as they can also travel further and hold more.
It's important to ensure your Volumetric trucks are batching the correct volumes of concrete and not over-yielding or under-yielding.
Over-yielding will result in excess sand, cement, gravel, water or admixture being added to the mix than is actually required and can be costly to you as a business.
Under-yielding can result in a weak concrete mix and unknowingly batching the incorrect amounts to your customers inline with their order. This can lead to client disputes, litigation and often the loss of the client and revenue.
How we can help...
Our trained operatives can visit your premises (nationwide) and calibrate your trucks at a date and time to suit you using correct procedures and calibrated equipment.
The entire calibration process usually takes between 2 - 4 hours for a single truck meaning minimum downtime. We offer very competitive rates and offer discounts when multiple trucks require calibration.
At the end of the process you will have the following:
- yield checks to confirm results
- calibrated truck or trucks *
- certification of calibration
- batch cards with all the required settings and mixes you require (approx 2 - 5 working days post calibration)
This service is backed by our experienced customer service team should you have any questions or require additional support and advice.
* A truck calibration is a very accurate and scientific process. In order to calibrate a truck, all parts (as outlined below) must be in well-maintained working order:
- Auger casing
- Sand and gravel bins
- Center skirt
- Cement hopper
- Cement sock
- Gate indicator cleats
- Gates (free movement, no gaps)
- Water and hydraulic hoses
- Admixture containers and hoses
- Control panel and belt counts display
- Water meter (if applicable)